Who doesn’t love baking orange-flavored cupcakes, filling them with nutella and then decorating them with homemade icing?!
One of my favorite flavors is chocolate orange. I love those chocolate oranges you can buy, slam on the counter, and then all the little pieces! Mmm. This flavor inspired my Cake Decorating class 3 project.
This is the class I was looking forward to the most because I knew we were going to learn how to make icing flowers. Continue reading
Class two was a success!
Before I dive into all the fabulous details, I want to do two things:
- Share one reason why I decided to take this class in the first place
- Apologize for the quality of the photos
Why I decided to take this cake decorating class
If you missed my first class, you can read about my 1.1 lesson here where I talk about a few reasons I wanted to take a cake decorating class. In addition to, well, enjoying baking, I registered for this class because I’ve been thinking about how productive I was when I was a student. Continue reading
I love baking.
I love the whole sensory process:
- lining up matchy matchy mixing bowls on the counter
- mixing dry ingredients with oil or eggs or applesauce to make dough or batter
- the squish of topping cookie dough morsels with M&Ms and sprinkling cinnamon sugar
- the hum of the hand mixer turning clay into batter
- the ability to determine when a cake is perfectly baked based on the aroma in the kitchen
- peeling warm cookies from a pan and plopping them on a cooling rack Continue reading