When I was 26, I read an article with a list of things every woman should accomplish in her twenties: ask for a raise, turn someone down, live alone, move to a new city, etc. Each item corresponded to major life-changing event in my young adult life.
I believe in dreaming big and setting goals, so I decided to create my own list of “Rainy Day” goals with specific items to work toward the next time I’m feeling bored or uninspired. It’s a fluid list, but here’s where I am so far. As I complete each one, I’ll link to a blog post about it.
Explore Europe with my husband[June ’16]
- Become fluent in Spanish
- Learn Sign Language
Write a novel[August ’15]
- Submit a manuscript for publication
Take cake decorating class[November ’13]
- Learn how to sew
- Make a t-shirt quilt
Run in the Tallahassee Jingle Bell Run[12/2013] Join Yoga Studio[BONUS: Become a certified yoga instructor] [9/28/13] Have a second honeymoon in Key West or Mexico or somewhere tropical[May 2014]
- Go Zip Lining
- See a Broadway show in NYC with Bret (we’ve done this before, but not together!)
Get a picture of Sadie and Velveeta dressed up for our Christmas card[12/20/13]
- Be able to do 50 legit push-ups without stopping
- Learn how to make & roll sushi
- Learn how to ski
Test drive a fancy car [BONUS: Purchase car][Sept 2014]
- Babysit a friend’s child for the night.
Attend Mardi Gras (or maybe just visit New Orleans anytime!)[09/03/13] Spend several days with only what will fit in a backpack[June ’16]
- Take one ultimate ROAD TRIP
- Have a fun camping experience (I’ve camped several times; it’s never been great)
- Spend a Sunday afternoon visiting Open Houses [BONUS: Buy a House]
- Fly First Class
Spend an entire day in bed watching movies and being lazy[darn near impossible 08/20/13] Run a half marathon[February 2016]
- Disregard list. Re-write list. Be happy and content with the way life is.
Do you have a long-term “To Do” list? Any suggestions for what I should add?