When I was 26, I read a list of things to accomplish in your twenties: ask for a raise, turn someone down, live alone, move to a new city, etc. Each item corresponded to major life-changing event in my young adult life.
I enjoy writing down goals, so I created my own list of “Life Goals” list with specific items to work toward the next time I’m feeling uninspired. It’s a fluid list, but here’s where I am so far.
Explore Europe with Bret[June ’16]
- Become fluent in Spanish
- Learn Sign Language
Write a novel[1st draft complete August ’15]
- Submit a manuscript for publication
Take cake decorating class[November ’13]
- Learn how to sew
- Make a t-shirt quilt
Run in the Tallahassee Jingle Bell Run[12/2013] Join Yoga Studio[BONUS: Become a certified yoga instructor] [9/28/13] Run a half marathon[February 2016] Vacation in Key West or Mexico or somewhere tropical[May 2014] Go Zip Lining(June 2017 with my high school friends) See a Broadway show in NYC with Bret(March 2018) (we’ve seen Broadway shows seperately, but we saw Stephen Colbert live which was equally cool) Get a picture of Sadie and Velveeta dressed up for our Christmas card[12/20/13]
- Be able to do 50 legit push-ups without stopping
- Learn how to make & roll sushi
- Learn how to ski
Test drive a fancy car [BONUS: Purchase car][Sept 2014] Attend Mardi Gras (or maybe just visit New Orleans anytime!)[09/03/13] Spend several days with only what will fit in a backpack[June ’16]
- Knit something more impressive than a scarf
- Take one ultimate ROAD TRIP
- Have a fun camping experience (I’ve camped several times; it’s never been fun)
- Spend a Sunday afternoon visiting Open Houses [BONUS: Buy a House]
Fly First Class(Oct ’19 on a solo flight to CO) Spend an entire day in bed watching movies and being lazy[darn near impossible 08/20/13]
- Disregard list. Re-write list. Be happy and content with the way life is.